The fax-to-document library function allows you to send faxes conveniently straight to the OMS document library. A unique fax number is assigned to your personal or office document library and remains yours as long as you receive faxes.
How does it work?
- Simply apply for a fax number on your personal or office document library in the OMS, it is instant!
- Your fax number is assigned to you and will remain yours as long as you receive at least one fax every two months on that number.
- A fax sent to your unique fax number is automatically converted into a PDF document and attached to your document library.
- We check for new a fax every 1 to 5 minutes, 24 hrs a day.
- You will receive an email notification every time a fax arrives. You can also open faxes directly from the email message. The email address used for notifications are:
- For personal document library: your OMS username/email address.
- For office document library: your OMS office email address.
- You will receive your faxes in a "fax" folder in your document library as indicated in the sample below. The folder is automatically created for you when you receive your first fax. We also create an archive folder. You can use the archive folder to drag-and-drop any read faxes into it. You can create subfolders in the fax folder and can also rename your faxes by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Rename'.
- The service is completely free, and you can receive and an unlimited number of faxes.
- Faxes received are automatically saved by date and time. E.g. 06_Aug_2012_23_47_PM_1.pdf indicates a fax received on 06 Aug 2012 at 23:47pm
Can I use the fax number on my business cards?
Yes, the fax number works like any other fax-to-email number, and you can use it on your marketing material.
What will happen if I don't use the fax number?
If you don't use the fax number for two months (i.e. no faxes received during that period) that particular fax number is removed and re-used in the OMS. All your faxes received remains intact in your document library.
There is no limit on the number or size of faxes you can receive. The only limitation is the size of your document library as indicated by your usage stats at the bottom of the document library. Should you ever run out of space, you can upgrade your account or easily remove an older fax.
You can, but if you rename it, the system will automatically create a new "fax" folder for the next incoming fax.
Can I create subfolders in the fax folder?
Yes, we automatically create an 'archive' folder, but you can create as many subfolders as you want to assist in organizing your faxes.
I received an unknown fax?
Most fax numbers in South Africa are recycled if they are not used after a time, you may receive the odd fax not addressed to you, simply delete it.