The Base API provides 3rd party developer access to your Base data. Please take into account the information that is exposed and make sure that you trust your 3rd party developer with your data:
- Listing details including address, price and features
- Incoming leads and contacts captured
The API Key provides access to only that developer and you can remove it at any time to block access immediately.
How to generate a Base API Key
- Click on settings and then on integrations
- Click on the 3rd party integrations tab
- Enter the application name, this can be anything descriptive to help you identify which app has access
- Choose the user profile under 'Primary API User'. The API will extract info through this user profile and will be able to see all listing and contact data that is visible to this user through Base
- Click create
- Copy the API Key and send it to your developer with a link to this help article
Base API reference for developers
Base exposes a Rest API for developers:
Testing the Base API
We recommend an app like Postman to test the Base API key, to see if you can retrieve data.